Tuesday, December 3, 2013

** Daily Devotions * December 3, 2013 * Jesus Today My Version **


Sometimes God's Sovereign hand -- His control over My life --places  me in humbling circumstances. I feel held down, held back, and powerless to change things. I look to break free and feel in control of my life once again. Although this is an uncomfortable position, it is actually a good place to be. My discomfort awakens me from the slumber of routine and reminds me that He is in charge of my life. It also presents me with an important choice: I can lash out at my circumstances --resenting His ways with me --or I can draw closer to Him.

When I am suffering, my need for God is greater than ever. The more I choose to come near Him, the more I can find hope in His unfailing love. I can even learn to be joyful in hope while waiting in His Presence --where joy abounds. I persevere in trusting Him, and He will eventually lift me up. Meanwhile, I cast all my anxiety on Him, knowing that He cares for Me affectionately and is watching over me continually.

 

Many are the woes of the wicked, but
The Lord's unfailing love surrounds the
Man who trusts Him.
Psalm 32:10

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction
Faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's
mighty hand, that He may lift you up in
due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him
because He cares for you.
1 Peter 5:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment